Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd prefer a local pickup, but am willing to make arrangements for forum members within reason. $750 price is firm so please no low balling.

Note that this also includes a Garmin Edge 510 (frame has speed/cadence, but no HR monitor) + GoPro bar mount + saddle bag.

Having just ordered my first new bike, I'm letting my used carbon fiber Trek back into the wild. The rear wheel was recently struck by a vehicle (I'm ok + I didn't even go down) and was a glancing blow that warped the rim. I've only ever brought my bike into the shop for tune ups and truing so it will NOT be rideable at the time of purchase (unless you bring an 11sp rear wheel).

I've probably put about 4,500 miles on the bike and had her since '11. I'm pretty sure the previous owner dumped her at least once and I've taken a hit + 1 fall. The paint definitely has chipped/cracked in places and shows signs of wear, but no evidence or indications of any integrity issues.

The wheel set is a Mavic Ksyrium Helium ES Anniversaire which I bought used. There's a gash in the rear hoop (prior owner) + the hoop warp. I really loved these wheels though - sturdy + super smooth roll. If they weren't Mavic specific I'd keep the hubs for my new ride.

Priced firmly yet reasonably since she needs some TLC and a rear wheel.

Specs for reference:

-2009 Trek Madone 5.2 WSD, 54cm
-SRAM Force drivetrain
-SRAM Force compact crank 50/34 and 172.5mm carbon arms
-2012 SRAM Force shifters (replaced - will include original levers if you'd like, but the right paddle is broken)
-Bontrager 105mm stem
-Bontrager Speed Limit brakeset
-11-28 cassette (forgot which manf)
-Pilot Pro alloy bars
-Garmin chain stay speed/cadence + crank and wheel sensors
-Speedplay x-float pedals (will include used clips + live in covers)
-Saddle: Selle Italia Diva

Pics included in ad here:
https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/bik/6191984795.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts