Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has used this handlebar (or similar) and has any comments. A few specific ?'s

1. Is there enough straight area for your hands on the top part of the bar or will they extend into the top bend(if the hands go slightly into the bend does this feel natural)? My hands are "average width".

2. How is riding with your hands on the top bend (does it feel natural)?

3. Get same width as standard bar or slightly bigger/smaller?

4. Overall do you recomend or should I stick with a tried and true more traditional bar.(6 bend).

I'd like to get some but am skeptical. Thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
That looks a lot like an Easton EC90 bar I had, (the pre Equipe version) and I HATED that shape. It just seemed like it was curved rather abruptly and in all the wrong places for my hands. Your experience may vary, but I much prefer a more traditional bar.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
I've got 2 bikes. Both have Modolo 8 bends on them. Personally, I love them. I have 46's. I have large hands, (size 11 gloves), and riding in the drops is very comfy for me.

To ans your questions, there isn't a lot of room on the tops. My hands just barely fit. I normally don't use the tops, so that doesn't bother me. I ride on the hoods and the drops a lot. Riding on the top bend feels very natural for me as well.

Bars, like seats & shoes, are a personal preference. I've tried many bars, deep drop, shallow drop, wide, narrow, Cinelli, TTT, Richey among others. I'll take the Modolo 8 bends over anything I've tried.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
um, you only need two bends....one per side. ;) :)

i have spoken to someone who has these bars and swears by them. the only thing better than a "traditional" bend...for whatever that's worth.

come on...you want new bars.....go for it...... :D

edit: though. someone who goes by "friction shifter" shouldn't even be asking this question....if the bend can't be replicated with a compass, you MUST change your name... ;)

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
I think Performance has these on sale right now. I think they're around $19.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts