Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Looks like I've developed a bad crack in my Mavic 'Open 4CD' rear rim after nearly 10,000 miles. The problem is I want to use my Ambrosio "Excellence" rims which is Campy "Record" 8-speed to use with the Shimano 600 STI 8-speed drivetrain that is on my bike. I am converting over to all Campy, but this crack in my rim has showed up before I've finished aquiring all the Campy 8-speed parts I need.

What do you guys suggest? I'm not sure of what kind of shifting issues I would be running into, since for right now I'm still having to use the "600" derailluers thats on my bike.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Respace the cassette

croswell1 said:
Hi all. Looks like I've developed a bad crack in my Mavic 'Open 4CD' rear rim after nearly 10,000 miles. The problem is I want to use my Ambrosio "Excellence" rims which is Campy "Record" 8-speed to use with the Shimano 600 STI 8-speed drivetrain that is on my bike. I am converting over to all Campy, but this crack in my rim has showed up before I've finished aquiring all the Campy 8-speed parts I need.

What do you guys suggest? I'm not sure of what kind of shifting issues I would be running into, since for right now I'm still having to use the "600" derailluers thats on my bike.
All Campagnolo 8spd cassettes use loose cogs and spacers, so it is easy to respace the cassette to Shimano spacing. Several companies make spacer conversion kits, including Wheels Manufacturing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.