1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
599 Posts
tho i'm unsure of the exact designation, you've got a top of the line PY10 CP variant and perhaps one of the most desirable of all the Peugeot racing series. the tubeset is the premium ultra light metric Reynold's 531 extra leger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
< 8 lb steel frame and fork

Thanks for the opinion ... frame and fork total weight is less than 8 lbs.

·
Registered
599 Posts
nbh2o said:
Thanks for the opinion ... frame and fork total weight is less than 8 lbs.

your estimate must be including the headset and btm-bkt. i'd expect a bare 531 extra leger frameset of that size to run at around 6.25 - 6.5 lbs- very light for a steel road frame of its day

fwiw- my wife's 52 cm 531 extra leger Bertin c70 tips the scales at 20.6 lbs with dura ace ex and mavic module e clinchers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The detailing is beautiful on your Bertin.

I did weigh the Peugeot with an old Shimano BB (metal and very heavy) and with the stem and seat post in. . I have since replaced the old Shimano BB and installed a Shimano Dura Ace BB. Good catch on the weight ... the old BB seemed to weigh a pound at least.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PRO-10?; imported into US only in 1982

Or this 1982 PRO-10 located at the top of the sheet attached? Note the "Prestige Peugeot" on the right side of the top tube and all other specs (including the Stronglight D8 headset) matches. If a PRO-10, it was imported only one year (1982) into the US based on internet searches and catalog reviews.

Anyways, not something for me to obsess over, just curious as it is fun to restore a rare bicycle as opposed to one that is more common ... "worth the effort" so to speak.

Thanks for your thoughts on this one.

Best,

View attachment 131871

·
Registered
599 Posts
take note that the pro 10 was made from the standard spec reynolds 531 tubing, not the lightweight extra leger.
the PY10CP 'prestige' was sold over a several year span but as near as i can find, only sold with the full chrome seatstay treatment for the 1980 model year (it is possible that the chrome was available optionally or in other markets prior to or beyond 1980 tho).
also note in the 1980 catalogue specs i posted, on the bottom of the page, that this bike was only sold as a full custom special order with many options & configurations available.
fwiw, the PY10CP was the exact model that the Peugeot factory team rode.

phil anderson

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.