Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have put a deposit down on a custom bike.
I have a choice of tubes. I can go with True temper S3 or Reynolds 853.
I'm a bit on the stocky side, 5'-9" and 180 lbs.
S3 should be a bit lighter, but I'm a little concerned that it will be too flexy.
Anyone have experience with S3? Any opionions?
Thanks much.

·
Defender of Freedom...
612 Posts
I'm roughly the same size as you 69" and 175-180 lbs depending on my training. Having said that, I've never ridden an S3 or 853 bike that I thought was flexy but I have ridden several 853 bikes that I thought were too harsh. The design will play a big factor on this one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ramjm_2000 said:
I'm roughly the same size as you 69" and 175-180" depending on my training. Having said that, I've never ridden an S3 or 853 bike that I thought was flexy but I have ridden several 853 bikes that I thought were too harsh. The design will play a big factor on this one.
Thanks for the response. I will keep that in mind.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an Indy Fab Crown Jewel 853 front triangle and true temper rear triangle. It's one of the finest frames I've ever ridden. I'm 6'0 and 200 lbs. ex-marathon runner. It has a very stiff bottom bracket, maybe slightly harsh ride, but not uncomfortable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.