Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ab aeterno
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my 9 speed tiagra sti levers with ultegra 10 speed levers. Do I need to upgrade my whole drive train or can I just add a 10 speed cassette and chain?

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
TheDon said:
I'm looking to replace my 9 speed tiagra sti levers with ultegra 10 speed levers. Do I need to upgrade my whole drive train or can I just add a 10 speed cassette and chain?
Correct - shifters, cassette and chain. Be aware that Ultegra-10 levers are double or triple specific, so get the right ones. Also there will be a spacer that comes with the cassette that should be used. - TF

·
Registered
51 Posts
TurboTurtle said:
Correct - shifters, cassette and chain. Be aware that Ultegra-10 levers are double or triple specific, so get the right ones. Also there will be a spacer that comes with the cassette that should be used. - TF
running this setup more 8 mos no issues in shifting and works good with 9 speed drivetrain and completed 1 century aprox 95 miles 152 km in this setup fajardo to ponce in puerto rico in 6'02 hours avg mph 15.5 25.2 km in variouios terrain includes hilly passes and flat lands

1 - 4 of 4 Posts