Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I have 2 kids and go to grad school. my teams 1st crit (and my foirst ever, and first withhtis team) is in 9 days. I have some base miles I ride when possible and watch a full movie on the trainer once or twice a week. Should I just keep doing what I can/have been doing or should I try to start intervals? Maybe do spinerval dvd? Any help wopuld be great!
Thanks in advance.
Tim

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
maybe it's an idea to pass on the crit for now. I'm guessing this is the first race of the season? How about starting easy, and making it a RR?

:)

germplayer said:
:confused: I have 2 kids and go to grad school. my teams 1st crit (and my foirst ever, and first withhtis team) is in 9 days. I have some base miles I ride when possible and watch a full movie on the trainer once or twice a week. Should I just keep doing what I can/have been doing or should I try to start intervals? Maybe do spinerval dvd? Any help wopuld be great!
Thanks in advance.
Tim

·
Registered
266 Posts
Or

botto said:
maybe it's an idea to pass on the crit for now. I'm guessing this is the first race of the season? How about starting easy, and making it a RR?

Go ahead and get the first ass kicking of the season out of the way. Are you ready to start doing intervals? If not it will do you some good to be patient and wait for a little while.

·
EuroCrash
478 Posts
triple shot espresso said:
Go ahead and get the first ass kicking of the season out of the way. Are you ready to start doing intervals? If not it will do you some good to be patient and wait for a little while.
Agree, I was humbled two weeks ago in my season opener but I learned a lot so it was worth it. I've never heard any say that they did their first race too early.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,415 Posts
For the next 3 days, you should eat pizza and drink beer. After that, you should train very hard for 4 days, and then spend the next two recovering. At the race, go to the front for the first three laps. Trust me, you'll do well with my plan.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
botto said:

Nope -I'm not passing on it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks.

triple shot espresso said:
No Im not ready to do intervals, I still need to learn how to set my HRM that I got for x-mas. thans for the reply, by the way i didn't respond to the email about your team kits but I think look good. I'm in Denver, so I see you guys riding around a bit - your last year ones look cool too.
Tim

·
Registered
362 Posts
Go for it, don't pass it up and just keep doin what your doin. I now have 2 days until my first race of the season. I was doing nothing but riding my mountain bike daily until 2 weeks ago when I got my road bike up and running finally, then decided to go race this week. If you get your ass handed to you, so what? I am just going to see if I can hang, now I am off to train for the race by drinking beer, Cheers!

·
Registered
896 Posts
go for it

with a week to go, you are not going to improve your conditioning. the best things to do:
1. make sure you are rested
2. make sure you are hydrated and well fed(with the right foods)
3. keep the legs loose, spin, maybe get the heart rate up a little, avoid any lactic acid build up less than 48hrs before the race
4. make sure all your gear and equip is in order

LetsGoOutside said:
Go for it, don't pass it up and just keep doin what your doin. I now have 2 days until my first race of the season. I was doing nothing but riding my mountain bike daily until 2 weeks ago when I got my road bike up and running finally, then decided to go race this week. If you get your ass handed to you, so what? I am just going to see if I can hang, now I am off to train for the race by drinking beer, Cheers!

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
germplayer said:
Thanks in advance.
Tim
First race ever? Wow. Go for it. Who cares if you're horribly out of shape? Ass kicking are necessary every once in a while... Just keep doing what you're doing. You can't go from winter potato to pwnz0ring a field in 9 days.

DDDOOOOO ITTT!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts