Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m really beginning to feel good on the local training ride. I can hold on much longer at the set pace and even finish right in the think of it on most rides. The guys are telling me that I’m looking good and it’s encouraging to hear that.
Problem is that my job is forcing me to hit the road a lot lately and I’m beginning to gain some lbs and losing some of the fitness. I know, hit the hotel gym, jog and watch what I eat… Yeah I know. It’s just not the same as being on that local ride with the guys.

I'm just venting, I know what I have to do!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Start drinking Matrix. http://nokomisnutrition.com/p-383-matrix-protein-powder-vanilla.aspxIt will burn fat and gain muscle mass.

I used to train 2 hours in the gym every single day and run 7 miles a day. I used to live by this stuff. Now pushing mid 40's I'm gearing in and just ordered a box. Considering I'm about to start riding I know that this drink can do wonders.

Drink it twice daily even when you don't ride or work out. Whereas I would drink 4 per day but I needed the calories and protein. Also get on egg whites at egg whites international. I drink this now with protein drinks. http://eggwhites-international.com/terms.htm

Hope this helps...
Piatzo

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Piatzo, but I'm not about to begin this type of training.. I'm all about working hard to keep it off, and this will more then likley help me develop lazy habits I dont want. Not saying its not a good product, just not my style.

·
Registered
21,544 Posts
Or not

piatzo said:
Start drinking Matrix. will burn fat and gain muscle mass. I know that this drink can do wonders.

Drink it twice daily even when you don't ride or work out. Whereas I would drink 4 per day but I needed the calories and protein. Also get on egg whites at egg whites international. I drink this now with protein drink.
Actually, there is no scientific evidence that this kind of claim is true. There is no food or legal supplement that will cause you to "burn fat and gain muscle mass." These kind of claims, when you peel the onion, turn out to be unwarranted extrapolations of lab studies, outright fabrications, or apples and oranges comparisons. Just saying.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Jobs can be so pesky at times. All you can do is work out whenever you can get a chance. If you can afford it you might want to consider buying a folding bike to carry with you on your trips. The only other thought I have is to find a gym with stationary bikes or maybe a spinning class. If your hotel doesn't have anything suitable many gyms will let you work out for a daily or hourly rate.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spinning!!!!

Mr. Versatile said:
Jobs can be so pesky at times. All you can do is work out whenever you can get a chance. If you can afford it you might want to consider buying a folding bike to carry with you on your trips. The only other thought I have is to find a gym with stationary bikes or maybe a spinning class. If your hotel doesn't have anything suitable many gyms will let you work out for a daily or hourly rate.
You know, I really like the sound of a spinning class. If I can manage that I’m good to go. If not I’m hitting the treadmill in the hotel gym for 40 min every other night. Packing a folding bike on an airplane is not a good look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts