Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is one that works best printed really, really large; 4' x 8' works well.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
It sucks! Uh, never mind. I was looking at one of mine.

I really like the change in texture from the block to the water and up into the sky. Very nice!

·
Who needs a map?
2,527 Posts
MB1 said:
This is one that works best printed really, really large; 4' x 8' works well.
4x8 would dominate any room in my house, but something not quite so large would be great. Any plans to start selling your prints online?

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Wow. Wow.

What do you think the impact would be like if you had shot this in landscape?

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
I really like it, but the asymmetry in the granite/marble foreground is kind of distracting.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alex-in-Evanston said:
Wow. Wow.

What do you think the impact would be like if you had shot this in landscape?
Those great rays of light only showed up in this one shot. I've got the same scene in landscape format taken a couple of seconds later-everything is the same except no rays of light. It doesn't have anywhere near the excitement of this one.

I'll also note that vertical formats look fine printed and hung, it is only the format of computer screens that forces us to post verticals in smaller sizes reducing the impact on the viewer.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
I have a love/hate thing with MB1. I love his stuff but it makes me hate my camera and or my camera ability.

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Nice one. Love the b/w.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
cool.

how much would it cost to even get something 4'x8'? i wish i had some open space for something that size.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tomk96 said:
cool.

how much would it cost to even get something 4'x8'? i wish i had some open space for something that size.

My cost is only about $100 but I've got a friend who only charges me for materials when it is for my personal use.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts