Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't usually have the good camera with me when we commute but this morning I went out (and got some great photos). Tonight Miss M wanted to ride out to the Co-op in Maryland so we took the Tow Path.

It was a great evening.

I decided I like the pic better with her in it than without.

Although B&W gives it a timeless look.....

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
I love this! The scene looks like a painting. It works with or without MissM (don't tell her I said that), but the one with her in it ... it looks like she's standing in front of the painting. Very cool.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Is it the composition you like with MRS M in the picture or are your just an old softie now that your going to be retiring.

By the way, really like the pic with MRS M in it.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DrRoebuck said:
I love this! The scene looks like a painting. It works with or without MissM (don't tell her I said that), but the one with her in it ... it looks like she's standing in front of the painting. Very cool.
She looked good on the bike too.....

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Your colors are always soooooo beautiful...

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FishrCutB8 said:
Your colors are always soooooo beautiful...
It is time of day. Almost all my best images (including these) were shot within an hour of sunrise or sunset to take advantage of that great light.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
OK, so I have a newbie question for you. I understand how you get great light at certain times of day, but I've been wondering this since you posted the kayak pics...do you bump up saturation versus stock settings? I mean even the colors from your pentax waterproof look more vivid than mine. What about on the Olympus?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JP said:
OK, so I have a newbie question for you. I understand how you get great light at certain times of day, but I've been wondering this since you posted the kayak pics...do you bump up saturation versus stock settings? I mean even the colors from your pentax waterproof look more vivid than mine. What about on the Olympus?
The kayak pix were shot pretty late in the day too.

Most of my good riding pix are taken morning or evening. Not much good happens outdoors for a photographer in the middle of a sunny or overcast day.

Likely your images would look a lot better if you never bothered posting anything that was taken outdoors more than an hour from sunrise or sunset.

Of course there are always exceptions but as a general rule that is a good place to start.

·
Custom Title= ?
785 Posts

MB1 said:
I decided I like the pic better with her in it than without.
Excellent work. Miss M gives the scene an appropriate sense of scale.
In much of your work, Miss M is riding away and that would have worked here as well; perhaps just a few more yards up around the first bend....
Once again, great stuff....

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bixe said:
Excellent work. Miss M gives the scene an appropriate sense of scale.
In much of your work, Miss M is riding away and that would have worked here as well; perhaps just a few more yards up around the first bend....
Once again, great stuff....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts