3 Gert Steegmans (Bel) Davitamon-Lotto
4 Nico Eeckhout (Bel) Chocolade Jacques-Topsport Vlaanderen
5 Graeme Brown (Aus) Rabobank
6 Enrico Gasparotto (Ita) Liquigas
7 Jens Renders (Bel) Chocolade Jacques-Topsport Vlaanderen
8 Aart Vierhouten (Ned) Skil-Shimano
9 Jeremy Hunt (GBr) Unibet.com
10 René Weissinger (Ger) Skil-Shimano
QS and Boonen say 'Take that'! He's off on holidays to re-charge now. I'd say it was a good spring campaign. See you in Milan!

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Hey I don't see anyone there riding a Trek! Nice way for QS to start their vacation.

Their next project will have to be figuring out what to do about Jose Rujano since he has been a no show so far this season.

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't Rujano have some sort of mid-season transfer (either right before or right after the Giro?) worked out?

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Tom said

this would be his last race for a bit.since it was in Belgium, is even more of a sprinters course than G-W he was pretty much a shoe in. Now he'll rest and regroup for his assault on the green. Is the Tour of Belgium in May or June? I'm gonna assume this will be prep work.
so far he's done the rainbow quite proud. not only winning but animating and team playing every race he's been in.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Spunout said:
Didn't Rujano have some sort of mid-season transfer (either right before or right after the Giro?) worked out?
Yes but then he hasn't shown up to ride for his soon-to-be former team. I'm not sure how that affects his transfer. I didn't even realize it was QS that hired him. If he's a bust it would continure their long streak of bad luck with hiring GC guys.

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts

·
For president!
7,802 Posts
Spunout said:
QS and Boonen say 'Take that'! He's off on holidays to re-charge now. I'd say it was a good spring campaign. See you in Milan!
Milan? What about the Netherlands, Belgium, and Switzerland?

Spring campaign has hit its highs for me (De Ronde) but the next 10 days are not bad either.

Silas

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
Yes but then he hasn't shown up to ride for his soon-to-be former team. I'm not sure how that affects his transfer. I didn't even realize it was QS that hired him. If he's a bust it would continure their long streak of bad luck with hiring GC guys.
Last I read Lefevere was none too thrilled with the act to date this season and had said if Rujano wasn't in the Giro for Selle he also wouldn't be in the Tour with QS. The only way Rujano can go to QS is if Selle releases him and there was also talk earlier that if he didn't report they wouldn't let him go. But as far as I know so far Jose still hasn't ridden a single race for Selle this year and the rest of the season is up in the air.

Don't know if it's him or his agent who is really behind it. It's apparently something about naming rights and being able to have his own sponsor deals so certainly the agent has some financial incentive to agitate things and his only other "big" client is Dario Frigo so his ethics are a bit more questionable than most agents too. Tragic because it's already so late in the season that he has likely totally blown his shot in a Giro that's tailor made for a 49kg rider.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts