Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question number three (of undoubtedly many more) regarding my new 1999 Tourmalet -

Does anyone know the handlebar clamp size on the '99? I can open every year except the '99 in the archives.

I'm going to need to do some shopping for a new bar as this one just seems way to big no matter how I adjust it.

Thanks

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Can you let us know what type of stem you have (Quill or threadless), What brand of stem and bars, and what model of stem and bars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing it's all stock for the '99s. The handlebar is an ICON. The stem is a quill stem. The only other thing I know about it is that it is chromoly. The '98 tourmalets had a 26mm clamp with deep drop bars. Thinking maybe this one is as well. These bars are really tough for me to move my hands around on so I'm assuming they are deep drop as well? I rode a wsd Cannondale and my hands felt great with those levers and the bar. I might be asking about shimming the levers or switching them out as well after I try a different set of bars. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.