Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
Rounding up

prometheus said:
Anyone had experience going from Campy 9 to 10sp?
Have both 9s Chorus and 10s Chorus. Like the rounder hoods on the 10s levers rather than the pointy topped 9s. Shifting feel is similar on the two bikes and the 10s is not terribly finicky with regards to setup or adjustment. I really do like the addition of a tenth cog in the back as I can run a cassette without any gaps and still get the range I want.

I suppose if you are getting a good deal on the Record 10s then go with that. My only concern with 10s would be long term availabilty of parts although I can still find 9s stuff wtihout paying an arm and a leg.

With regards to appearance I would not get too hung up on that. My wife and I both ride Ti bikes. Mine has the older, alloy Chorus components and her bike has the newer, carbon Chorus. Both look good and when I see them next to each other neither one stands out as looking better/worse.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
Sweet 16

Sounds like Record FTW.

prometheus said:
The kit that's available has the 13-29 cassette...
Living in the flats of Indiana I usually run a 12-23 cassette and my wife runs a 13-26 cassette. When we head to the hills she slaps on the 13-29 and I use the 13-26.

Never find myself missing the 12t cog. With 10s I would never ride a cassette without a 16t cog and really miss the 18t cog when I put on the climbing gears.

I can barely notice the difference between a 25t and a 26t. You will probably not even notice the difference between the 28t and 29t.

Enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.