Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
half-fast
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I would like to have a bass to plunk along when Mrs. 10ae plays the piano.

Since the Lounge knows all, I figured I'd ask if I'd be dumb to look for an upright bass, or if I should just buy an electric one.

What do you think?

·
Cranky Old Bastard
2,337 Posts
Do you need frets?

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I entered this expecting to see a picture of the delicious bass you caught. Then I realized it was b+ace, not b+ass. :D

It's a tough call. Fretless can be a royal pain in the arse unless you have a good ear... or a fretboard with printed or inlaid fret lines. But an upright earns a huge amount of cool-points.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,153 Posts
If you decide to go 'lectric don't over look the Squier brand of basses (especially the Classic Vibe series of basses). Good value for a quality instrument. I am partial to Precision basses.

Attachments

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
I used to have a fretless P-bass. I LOVED it. However it did not survive the transition from denver to WI

·
Descender
1,940 Posts
Ask yourself which one you want to carry around - that should settle your dilemma pretty quickly.

I wouldn't even want to move an upright around the house, much less anywhere else.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Go for an acoustic bass. Looks nice in the room when you aren't playing it, easy to grab and play, no amp, electricity, cables, etc... required... Works perfect for the acoustic piano!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts