Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the princess in for her pedicure at her regular vet's office. Dr Berger came out to see her, and checked her eyes. She still has the contact lens in! It's a record! 4 days! Yay!

I was sure it was out, she is so comfortable; not bothering her eye at all. Doesn't even have to wear THE CONE.
 

·
remodeling...me
Joined
·
4,177 Posts
snapdragen said:
Took the princess in for her pedicure at her regular vet's office. Dr Berger came out to see her, and checked her eyes. She still has the contact lens in! It's a record! 4 days! Yay!

I was sure it was out, she is so comfortable; not bothering her eye at all. Doesn't even have to wear THE CONE.
Hip, Hip, HOORAY!!!
That is great news Snap, congrats!! I hope it stays in and things progress well. It is really good news that it's not bothering her this time. Do they have to try to get the right shape lens for individual dogs as they have to do with humans?

(Skipper is currently a violent criminal under house arrest, I'll post a thread later)
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think fit is a big part of it. Even the doc could see this current lens fits well. They use people lenes - usually depending on donations, but they did buy a batch this time.
$14/lens - doesn't seem too bad to me.

Do tell, what did Skipper do?

zeytin said:
Hip, Hip, HOORAY!!!
That is great news Snap, congrats!! I hope it stays in and things progress well. It is really good news that it's not bothering her this time. Do they have to try to get the right shape lens for individual dogs as they have to do with humans?

(Skipper is currently a violent criminal under house arrest, I'll post a thread later)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
what??!!??

dogs can wear contact lens's??!!?? thats awesome!!

thats the only thing i learned today..........
 

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
Joined
·
22,021 Posts
Cool.....

snapdragen said:
Took the princess in for her pedicure at her regular vet's office. Dr Berger came out to see her, and checked her eyes. She still has the contact lens in! It's a record! 4 days! Yay!

I was sure it was out, she is so comfortable; not bothering her eye at all. Doesn't even have to wear THE CONE.
fingers crossed it continues.

Len
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,890 Posts
wonderfull.. my puppy(6mo) got attacked today in the dog park by a big dog. some people don't know how to own dogs.. urca is looking ok. i hope she doesn't get aggressive w/ other dogs because of this.
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
colker1 said:
wonderfull.. my puppy(6mo) got attacked today in the dog park by a big dog. some people don't know how to own dogs.. urca is looking ok. i hope she doesn't get aggressive w/ other dogs because of this.
I'm sorry to hear that, glad she looks ok. No broken skin? Be sure she gets a chance real soon to socialize with some nice dogs.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,890 Posts
she is so sweet. no aggressivenness at all.. loves everybody. the psycho dog came from the other side of the park just to attack her . the owners said "he only does it to puppies. it's good for them.."
 

·
Misfit Toy
Joined
·
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Friction_Shifter said:
how do they know what strength lens to use for dogs? or do they just do a rough estimate?
Doesn't matter - it's just to protect the eye while the ulcer on her cornea heals. Since this last batch of lenses the Dr. had was bought, rather than being donated by people eye doctors, I assume they got the lowest possible strength.

Dangit - just realized I should have told you about some special eye chart - "OK Chloe, bark once for the biscuit, twice for the rawhide"
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top