Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After reading her miracle bag post in C&T I thought - that girl needs a sturdy bike, with hauling capabilities..... We'll throw in a Bell Metro too.

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
that frame ain't bad

snapdragen said:
After reading her miracle bag post in C&T I thought - that girl needs a sturdy bike, with hauling capabilities..... We'll throw in a Bell Metro too.
judging simply by the size of the headtube tho, I think the only person I know who'd fit on it is my 6'6" coaching client.

that abortion on the front is just asking for a crash tho. you'd have to drink a damn lot o cosmos to make that thing safe to ride. but that's just my opinion, fwiw...

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Nice Snap. Looks like just enough space for Albert and Edward to ride on when dad is going to the shop :). I'll buy it.
Cheers, Wayne

·
gazing from the shadows
27,208 Posts
lonefrontranger said:
judging simply by the size of the headtube tho, I think the only person I know who'd fit on it is my 6'6" coaching client.
The front wheel looks like a 24", probably to give a lower platform for the cargo hauling. So that might make the head tube not QUITE as bad as you might think at first glance.

Lots of cargo has been hauled with similar designs, safely. Not at speed and railing the corners, but at normal deliver speeds.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,404 Posts
Everybody needs one of these, once in a while.

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
er...

dr hoo said:
... Not at speed and railing the corners, but at normal deliver speeds.
so... um, what's the point then?

'normal deliver speeds' my aunt Marge. you've obviously never seen one of the DBC cats enroute to a drop. the headline of DBC's courier page states 'our bicycle messengers are fast, friendly and fearless...' and they're at least 2 of those 3 100% of the time.

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
Everybody needs one of these, once in a while...
Grumpy, I love you. those things are cool as heck. didja know you can power-slide in one and even get it up on 2 wheels if you got some mad cornering mojo?

marry me dude, then we can get a pair o' those, move to Coral Gables and terrorise all the q-tips, eh?

·
gazing from the shadows
27,208 Posts
lonefrontranger said:
'normal deliver speeds' my aunt Marge.
I would have thought the context was clear. Normal deliver speeds for things that need that kind of carrier. Like a television. Messengers with their little bags deliver documents and small packages to businesses. Lots of legal documents for example. Racks are used on delivery bicycles to haul HEAVY items.

I've seen plenty of messengers all over the country. It is one of my favorite things to watch when wandering the streets between conference sessions.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MR_GRUMPY said:
Everybody needs one of these, once in a while.
If it's good enough for cooper, it's good enough for me.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
snapdragen said:
If it's good enough for cooper, it's good enough for me.
'ceptin Cooper's trike prolly spits fire and that one below looks like my gramma rides it to the clubhouse in Ft. Lauderdale to play bridge.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
filtersweep said:
I snapped this in Amsterdam a few days ago:

Sorry about the dizzy phone cam goodness, but that is sort of how I felt at the time.
You see them more and more on the streets here, they're really popular for hauling kiddies around.

http://www.bakfiets.nl/modellen.php

And if you want to haul up to half a ton here's your friend. I moved house a couple of times with one of these. :)

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
rogger said:
You see them more and more on the streets here, they're really popular for hauling kiddies around.

http://www.bakfiets.nl/modellen.php

And if you want to haul up to half a ton here's your friend. I moved house a couple of times with one of these. :)
wow! I want one!

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
wow! I want one!
It's €2295,- (~ $2800,-) plus shipping. ;)

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
rogger said:
It's €2295,- (~ $2800,-) plus shipping. ;)
too much $$...but probably cheaper than a car and can haul just as much as long as you don't have to go too far.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
The extracycles sure look/sound good--on paper--but the only person I ever ran into who had one didn't have much good to say about it. That was disappointing, 'cuz I'd sure been spinning off some bizarre bike fantasies featuring this thing up to that point.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts