Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Is not a clown car
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall, after feeling good and strong, and doing well in the cross races I did[top 10, B's/cat 3/4] an anouncement came along the interwebs about this race up Minnesota way in April. It looked intriguing enough. I've been getting into the endurance thing on the MTB side of the bike, and doing ok[a couple top 5 placings in 6 hour solo efforts]. Sure, none of them totaled the milage that this little shindig will. The Ragnarok 105. Its still mountain bikey enough for my tastes, but will be held almost exclusivly on gravel. Yep. 105 miles of gravel tomorrow. Am I ready?

uh, in a word, I don't think so.

See, I had grand plans of riding all winter long on the Pugsley. While I DID ride it, it was generally so butt chillingly cold, than I chickened out and surfed the interwebs instead. Or ate potato chips and dip. Or drank healthy dark beers. This is all evidneced in my gut. Guess you could say I've got some on board energy suppliments.

So anyways. I got this thing tomorrow. I might survive. I might not. I'll be sure to take a few pictures along the way with my new camera(Olympus 850SW). Pray for me.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
I just hope you make it back with some good pix for us.

BTW FWIW NNTIAWWT Fail pix work too.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
We look forward to the most excellent photo log of the entire event.

Best wishes, but ............ We don't care how you place. Or even if you finish.

but gotta have pics. gravel pics. suffering pics. fuzzypain pics...... it's all good.

·
p != b
2,303 Posts
A MTB race/ride with tulips? That's sweet!

edit: they ought to give them to you on a roll and then you can use one of these:

·
p != b
2,303 Posts
Also - what are you riding? Cross bike? MTB? Road bike w/ fatties?

This looks like my kind of event... If only it weren't in MN...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts