Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did a little family ride yesterday. On the way back we stopped by the unofficial dirt track.

The approach

Big air :)

And for the cruisers...they do hills

Short chain takes over the camera...

And then I take it back

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bane said:
Is that Fairview park?
Nope, That's in Broomfield at "The Field" The city has let the kids build their own dirt track. It's been there for a few years.

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
Fantastic.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pablo said:
Fantastic.
Yea, it was fun. We did 28 miles on the tandem today up between Niwot, Hygiene and Longmont. :thumbsup:

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Creakyknees said:
yer not wearing a helment.

and I want your bike.
The bike is fun. I bought the cruisers a few years before we got married. They were her birthday present one year. Dyno cruisers. I don't think they are made anymore. I acutally bought them one night when we were buying her a new road bike. While the shop was getting the road bike ready we rode the cruisers around inside the shop after it closed, but before they finished up the road bike. :D

edit... it does look like they are still made

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thinkcooper said:
I love riding without a helmet. Good pics
Thanks. We've never ridden with helmets on the cruisers. We are generally at very slow speeds and on bike paths. Yea, it's a risk, but a small one we are willing to take.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Chain said:
Thanks. We've never ridden with helmets on the cruisers. We are generally at very slow speeds and on bike paths. Yea, it's a risk, but a small one we are willing to take.
You are surely going to die doing that. :D

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
You are surely going to die doing that. :D
Most recreational runners probably go faster than we do on the cruiser bikes. I'll wear a helmet on a cruiser as soon as the runners in the boston marathon start wearing helmets.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Great pics, nice family you got there Chain. Keep your head in one piece please!

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
little chain is a cool chick.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rward325 said:
Great pics, nice family you got there Chain. Keep your head in one piece please!
Yea once we get out of the house (and the homework done) we have fun.

Short chain does want a cruiser for Christmas. Electra makes a little 3 speed that's just her size. Mrs Chain and I have already been talking about how she will need to wear her helmet on hers, but we don't intend to wear ours. That should be an interesting conversation. We also have 4 other kids riding bikes on our street and none of them ever wear helmets.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts