Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rub it............
Joined
·
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came into my shop yesterday for a derailleur adjustment as I was trying to leave for my weekly NNC MTB ride. No problem. In and out in less than 5 min.

As he was walking out, he asked me about some prices on a couple of services. No problem. Prices given.

Then he asked what day is my slowest day in the shop.

I replied "The days I'm not here"


That is all.
 

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
Joined
·
6,976 Posts
There was nothing I hated more than when some schmuck in expensive car would come in with two MTB's and say "We're leaving for Moab this afternoon, can you tune these up for me?"

"Sure, Douchenozzle. We'll just drop everything and move the 15 repairs ahead of you to the back of the line to cater to your needs."
 

·
No hero that's understood
Joined
·
6,100 Posts
Nothing worse than customers.

They really cut into your free time.
 

·
haole from the mainland
Joined
·
5,962 Posts
q_and_a said:
Nothing worse than customers.

They really cut into your free time.
My mom's dad ran a little grocery. She liked to joke that he'd quit carrying certain items because 'he couldn't keep them on the shelves.' :p
 

·
Steaming piles of opinion
Joined
·
10,503 Posts
terry b said:
Someday I will be able to understand why bike shop people hate their customers and treat them as such.

Wait, no I won't.
Dewd, it's like....


I have no idea how the sentence ends, but I'm pretty sure that's how it starts.



Actually, it's pretty simple. Find what a man criticizes most, and you will find the thing about himself he likes the least. Every shop monkey is simply a PITA customer, six months further on.

People get into it because they like bikes - it sure as hell ain't for the money, or for the opportunity to serve the public. Those pesky customers don't get them the bro deal, and keep them from riding.
 

·
eminence grease
Joined
·
18,538 Posts
I'll admit that I get really pissed off at myself when I make myself do some adjustment to my bike before I head out for a ride. I wish I would stop getting in the way of my fun.

Wait, what?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Out of the two shops around I picked the one willing to be patient with my stupidity. The first guy loved the smart comment he made about my question where the other guy enjoys my money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,185 Posts
bmxhacksaw said:
There was nothing I hated more than when some schmuck in expensive car would come in with two MTB's and say "We're leaving for Moab this afternoon, can you tune these up for me?"

"Sure, Douchenozzle. We'll just drop everything and move the 15 repairs ahead of you to the back of the line to cater to your needs."
Why hate the guy? You can just tell him there will be an upcharge for express service. Either he says yes and you get paid for your inconvenience or he says no and takes the bikes somewhere else. That is what I would do if I was the shop owner and then I would stay late to make sure everything that was supposed to get done that day got done. Of course, this is if I needed the work/money. If I was independently wealthy, or just a wrench at the shop, I would have told him to hit the bricks since in the former scenario I wouldn't need the money and in the latter the money wouldn't be coming to me anyway.
 

·
eminence grease
Joined
·
18,538 Posts
fabsroman said:
Why hate the guy? You can just tell him there will be an upcharge for express service. Either he says yes and you get paid for your inconvenience or he says no and takes the bikes somewhere else. That is what I would do if I was the shop owner and then I would stay late to make sure everything that was supposed to get done that day got done. Of course, this is if I needed the work/money. If I was independently wealthy, or just a wrench at the shop, I would have told him to hit the bricks since in the former scenario I wouldn't need the money and in the latter the money wouldn't be coming to me anyway.
I think the "expensive car" part dictates the kind of treatment you get.
 

·
Rub it............
Joined
·
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wasn't hating on the customer at all. Just thought it was a funny situation. Even the customer was laughing.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top