Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my closest friend's grandfather passed today. I met him in 2000; a charming and kind man that you wouldn't have assumed much about, not the least of which was that he was a soldier at the Normandy landings.

So, with fond memories, I just popped the cork on a mega bottle of Unibroue Terrible. The first glass if for Red. What the hell; he was a proud Bostonian Irishman. The whole damned bottle if for him.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Cheers Red.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
sn69 said:
One of my closest friend's grandfather passed today. I met him in 2000; a charming and kind man that you wouldn't have assumed much about, not the least of which was that he was a soldier at the Normandy landings.

So, with fond memories, I just popped the cork on a mega bottle of Unibroue Terrible. The first glass if for Red. What the hell; he was a proud Bostonian Irishman. The whole damned bottle if for him.
Thanks for your service Red. RIP. He even saw the Red Sox win the WS. My dad who was born in 1922 and a lifelong fan missed it by two years.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gang. Nice guy--my dogs adored him.

And that, I think, is a fair estimation of a person's worth. Dogs don't assume, exaggerate, presume or anything else foolish.

On that note, how's Chloe's peeper, Snap? My little monsters watched the Eukanuba dog show with rapt attention last night, although my Schnauzer went OFF when the Shiba Inu trotted by.

Weird, I never woulda think the little kraut dog had the hots for a J dog. Axis powers...go figure. I wonder how he feels about Italian Greyhounds.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Chloe goes to see a doggy eye doctor on Wednesday. In the meantime, I keep getting winkie eyes from her.....when she thinks about it. Otherwise she's bright eyed and wide eyed. I think I'm being played........

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't worry 'til she asks for a 'Vette.

or Porsche.

THEN, you're in trouble.

The bearded kraut continues to produce a lot of eye discharge long after the ulcers have healed. While the resultant boogers are annoyingly difficult to get off, it's a good sign. I'm sure she'll recover just fine.

Natrone sends his regards.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Salut, Red.

i'll be sure the entire evenings' celebrations in SD are dedicated to you.

godspeed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts