Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Unrepentant Mountainbiker
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The temps got up to a 'balmy' 37 F here in ND today, so I decided to get out and Ride! I took the hardtail mountainbike for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, the batteries in the digital went dead before I could take any more pics :mad: . I will post a proper ride report some time soon. You wont believe the scenery here :rolleyes: .

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know!

According to the weather channel the average high in both July and August is only 81 degrees. I have not seen a blade of grass since I got here in November. Today was actually only the third time that I have braved the elements to ride outside. December and January are just too damn COLD!

·
Registered
163 Posts
ND is America's Least Visited State...

... can't IMAGINE why. Man, that looks rough. When (if) it thaws out, what kind of terrain do you see out there? Is it totally flat, or are there some hills and forest areas, too? I've never been close to ND, so I have no idea.

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mostly flat as far as the eye can see

And have I mentioned white. I here that the western part has some hills and badlands, but forests just do not exist up in this "vast plain".

Filtersweep, what part of MN are you from. We are close enough to the Canadian border up here that I could ride up to it and back in a 'short day'.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,354 Posts
I lived there...

for about six mos when I was in 5th grade. Moved there from South Dakota. The western end of the state is pretty cool, and I here it just opened a HUGE mountain bike trail system.

I didn't particularly enjoy my time spent there, but not really due to its geography. I think the grasslands are beautiful - spend some time and you can see how the NAs fell in love with the place. It was very hot, though, and very muggy. And then it got cold very quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.