Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
gazing from the shadows
27,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Schedule and weather converged to make taking pics possible today. Since I did not go in until 10 as opposed to my normal pre-7 time, it was warm and the ice patches melted. Short and to the point. Much like this post.

Ice shack on the lake, for people ice fish when it is cold.

They also ski on the frozen lake.

Me, I ride the path.

And then I am there.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On the way home, by the river.

Through the trees winds more path.

I ride a tiny bike, then I am home.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
What a great ride!

The scenery is beautiful. It looked like an xcoutry skier; that must be super fast I would love to try it.
Looks like a lovely place to ride. Thanks for sharing.

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
Your pictures are nice and remind all us down our way of how mild the winter has been.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
matanza said:
Minnesotan eh?
Nope, WI, where the beer is better. We cut our trees down to build Chicago too you know.

I like winter. When I lived in Los Angeles I pretty much burned out on bike riding, since I never took time off. Now, every spring, I am ready to go! Flabby and pale, but ready. Plus I get a lot of work done in the dark, cold days.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
dr hoo said:
Nope, WI, where the beer is better. We cut our trees down to build Chicago too you know.

I like winter. When I lived in Los Angeles I pretty much burned out on bike riding, since I never took time off. Now, every spring, I am ready to go! Flabby and pale, but ready. Plus I get a lot of work done in the dark, cold days.
Lots of wasted trees and effort in the Chicago Fire too.

A northern winter is ok. But only through photos. Had my fill working in the missile silos in South Dakota. 4 days on 3 off 18 hour days. Hunting was great! Living in west central Mexico now and don't miss the snow and cold.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Cool (cold) pics. Ol' Paul there has the expression like he just got flashed by someone. Funny.

The river looks cool. Can you fish it in the summer?

·
gazing from the shadows
27,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ridgetop said:
The river looks cool. Can you fish it in the summer?
People do. It runs kind of shallow outside the main channel a lot of the time, and there is a better river upstream a bit. Lots of people tube it though. Float down and drink on a summers day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts