Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long does it take fix a flat on a tubular tire for an average cyclist (i.e., not a mechanic but rather a cyclist just beginning to use tubulars). i assume it takes a lot longer than fixing a clincher flat - 5-8 minutes if you patch and 2-3 minutes if you just use a new tube. thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
further questions

flying said:
I have been riding tubulars for at least 15 years. That is all I ride period
It takes about 2-3 minutes to change & air up with Co2 for the front & maybe a minute ot two longer for the back to deal with the chain etc.
No biggie at all. My riding partner on the other hand takes quite a bit longer to change his tube in his clinchers. I think your off a bit on your clincher tube change times.
Most folks who change a tube in a clincher are going to inspect the inside of the case a bit so as not to puncture the new tube...not to mention opening & closing the tire bead.

Let me put it this way........I am 100% sure I can change a tubbie faster than he can change a tube in a clincher ;)

thanks very much. how long does it take to fix the flat. let's say you have a $60 new tubular with a gash... how do you fix that other that sealant (hole too big for sealant)? can you patch it up from the inside. do you unsew it and fix it and then resew? what is the procedure to fix the hole and how long does that take? thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.