Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
banned from the museum
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cancer. He was a really interesting character. He was an air force veteran. He was an island pilot in Guam for lots of years. He loved to do magic, and always entertained my kids. He hated people, but we could sit and talk or not talk for hours. He went into remission for a while, and I got to bring him to work and let him drive one of my trucks. He liked that, even after all of the planes he flew. He built the best model boats, planes, and cars I've ever seen. He didn't use a kit. He was one of the good guys.

I'll miss you Frank.

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. My best friend died last year of brain cancer at age 29, so I have some notion of what you're going through. Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
That so totally sucks. I am so sorry for your loss.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
My closet friend from college and law school, the best man in my wedding and my oldest daughter's godfather, died suddenly last year. I know how you are feeling right now. My thgouhts are with you.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
So sorry.

len

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
It takes someone special that you can " sit and talk or not talk for hours" with.

RIP Frank.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Creakyknees said:
Sounds like a guy I would've liked to know; sorry I won't get the chance.
I second this. Sorry for your loss MOPI.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. It sounds like you were fortunate to be a part of his life. He does sound like a "Character." Andy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts