Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in the market for a new race wheelset. I want something that is light and stiff, not too worried about price as I work at a shop and get uber good deals. I've been looking around and found two sets that seem to be pretty good. They are the Easton EC90 Aero and the Am ClassicCarbon fiber tubulars. Just wondering what everyone thought about these wheels and if anyone else has any other suggestions. I like Am Classic for the MTB stuff but I've never used the road stuff. Also, are the tubulars really worth it? I've heard nothing but good things about them.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
in case u didn't know, the am classics are actually zipp rims - and typically sold for much less, so it could be a cut price way of getting into zipp. If it were me and i could get a deal on them, i'd swap out the rear hub/spokes to something decent.

·
Registered
505 Posts
handbuilts...every time.

i like dt240s hubs and aerolite spokes. if you want carbon rims, edge tubies or m5 clinchers. if not, kinlin/ird niobium 30mm.

cheaper, lighter, stiffer, stronger than any comparable prebuilt.

imho, or course.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have been riding my FSA RD488s for a year now. I have the ceramic bearings and love the set up. Super strong. In my opinion tubulars are worth it. (Please note that I have never had one come off the rim (yet))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts