Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Anyone knows , what's a good trainer for spinning ?
Good enough for VO2 max and anaerobic training ? Flat and climbing simulation..
Is it from MAG ?
I'm looking for a good trainer with a reasonable price...lower dan 150 if there's available...

Let's discuss your experience..

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Any of them... all they do is add resistance. Your pedaling hard is what gets you to vo2 max etc. If you want climbing simulation, put it in a big gear and put a couple of telephone books under your front tire. You can probably find a decent used one in that price range.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Don't get a fluid trainer, since the resistance increases more than linearly with rear wheel speed. This will limit high speed spinning intervals because resistance will go up more than with a mag trainer or rollers.

-ilan

·
In dog years, I'm dead.
123 Posts
ilan said:
Don't get a fluid trainer, since the resistance increases more than linearly with rear wheel speed. This will limit high speed spinning intervals because resistance will go up more than with a mag trainer or rollers.

-ilan
Real road biking is non-linear too.
http://www.kurtkinetic.com/documents/Power_Curves419.pdf
If you want high-speed spinning using a fluid trainer, use a lower gear just like on the road. When you want to do power training, you will need that resistance at the high end.

I highly recommend the Kurt Kinetic products, but they might be a bit out of the stated price range. But in the long run, I believe they are worth it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't seen the Kurt Kinetic...but I saw mag at the cycling store,
may I'm gonna buy for the magnetic type for it...
I want to train for a better climbing...

.............put it in a big gear and put a couple of telephone books under your front tire................

interesting ide...any more idea for climbing training....?

Thank you all for your ideas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.