Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We brought home a new baby on the weekend.

His name is Guinness.

We lost our baby Baxter last fall and we were all broken hearted. Baxter was one of those ones that becomes the centre of your family. Your plans are made around whether Baxter would enjoy, or would Baxter like the baby-sitter. Broke our hearts ( esp. mine) to lose him.

My wife brought this little guy home, after lengthy research and arranging months ago with the breeder.

Quite an independent personality, should be a lot of fun - if he lives till next week.

He has a habit of trying to bite our 9 year old female Basset's tail - she will only put up with that for so long.

Should make our trip to San Diego next week - Interesting.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
toomanybikes said:
We brought home a new baby on the weekend.

His name is Guinness.

We lost our baby Baxter last fall and we were all broken hearted. Baxter was one of those ones that becomes the centre of your family. Your plans are made around whether Baxter would enjoy, or would Baxter like the baby-sitter. Broke our hearts ( esp. mine) to lose him.

My wife brought this little guy home, after lengthy research and arranging months ago with the breeder.

Quite an independent personality, should be a lot of fun - if he lives till next week.

He has a habit of trying to bite our 9 year old female Basset's tail - she will only put up with that for so long.

Should make our trip to San Diego next week - Interesting.
Nice english springer spaniel.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
toomanybikes said:
Thank you, I guess I should have said that he was a Springer!
nice dog! i also like your wall paper,reminds me of the boxers im wearing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
morrison said:
Nice dog.

Why are you coming to San Diego?
Spring break here - two weeks.

A little warm weather, Sea World, some bike shopping, clothes shopping for the ladies, hopefully a bike store for me :) ,

Maybe even some riding for Daddy - two months of winter, out of shape, too heavy - should be funny for anyone watching!

Holiday time.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
toomanybikes said:
Spring break here - two weeks.

A little warm weather, Sea World, some bike shopping, clothes shopping for the ladies, hopefully a bike store for me :) ,

Maybe even some riding for Daddy - two months of winter, out of shape, too heavy - should be funny for anyone watching!

Holiday time.
Check out Hi-Tech Bikes off of Mission Gorge, near Qualcomm stadium. Awesome selection of high end bikes. Feel free to PM me if you want me to give you some really good ride routes, too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
morrison said:
Check out Hi-Tech Bikes off of Mission Gorge, near Qualcomm stadium. Awesome selection of high end bikes. Feel free to PM me if you want me to give you some really good ride routes, too.

Geez, I actually know where that is. That and Cyclart - I'll be a happy guy.

I will look up where we are staying and drop you a note - Thanks.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
You do realise that you are Canadian?? You should be going somewhere with cold and snow ;). Just -25C here today and white everywhere. YES!!!
Cheers, Wayne

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wayne - surely you don't mean 25C ?? I wouldn't be complaining at 25C!!

Matanza - Baxter was my baby Basset hound - we lost him in October. This bundle of energy is Guinness and is Liver and White. An absolute blast to just stand around and watch him play.

My wife and I have had a lot of special case and rescue dogs over the years. This little guy is the first time in years that either of us have had a puppy in the house. What a panic he is.

Gonna be fun watching him grow up.

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Congratulations on the puppy!

We got a new puppy on Sunday. He is a Black Lab mix we got from a rescue and is probably about five months old. Our two year old hound mix seems happy to have a playmate in the house.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
toomanybikes said:
Wayne - surely you don't mean 25C ?? I wouldn't be complaining at 25C!!
Nope, minus 25C. Plus 25C is pretty much the maximum here during the summer, though without any humidity. Nice dog, btw.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wayneanneli said:
Nope, minus 25C. Plus 25C is pretty much the maximum here during the summer, though without any humidity. Nice dog, btw.
Holy crap - that is cold.

We normally only get that for a week a year - normally happens (for some reason) around end of November early December.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had forgotten what a bundle of energy a puppy is.

He decided this morning that I needed to wake up at 4:10. He let me know that he thought it was time to get up by walking over, standing on my chest and nibbling the end of my nose. Them little teeth are sharp!

He now sits in the kitchen at all times there is anyone else there and watches what is going on. I gave him a piece of egg this morning - he is now MINE!! Oh, he liked egg!

He seems to think toes were given to people for the sole purpose of his nibbling on them.

The poor rabbit is taking the brunt of it right now as Guinness tries manfully to get the bunny to play, of course when the rabbit runs away that's even better!! They were running circles around the couch last night .

It's all great fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Geezus!!

LOL.

I just spewed coffee all over the keyboard. Yeah I think that is probably closer over all, He's not Mine, I'm his!

I've learned to accept his needs and demands and will cater to them.

I'm a pathetic excuse for a human being.

He is pretty cute though.

·
Registered
727 Posts
i find it pretty strange when people call their animals 'baby' and refer to them as if they're a child...but nice dog. real...uhh brown and stuff. woof woof. :(

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
If your spaniel goes missing, you'll know it's because I stoled it.

Such a cute pup!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts