Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Canon Fodder
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a nasty storm come through a bit ago and after it settled down I went to see what all got broke. Besides the usual broken planters and stuff that the wind catches. I was surprised to see Jack the horse where he should not be!

I went through the barn to the paddock where Jack should have been fenced in and it took me a bit to notice the horse shelter

Jack has been enclosed by a electric fence which terminates at both sides of the shelter, well the storm made a new exit for him.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Was Jack under the porch hiding?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
where is the roof?

I have branches down all over again...

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
oh....wait that's upside down isn't it?????

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
wait a minute...if it IS upside down...how the hell did you have it anchored???????

·
More carbon fiber please!
791 Posts
We lucked out as that line developed later in the day and just to the east of us.

·
Canon Fodder
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Touch0Gray said:
wait a minute...if it IS upside down...how the hell did you have it anchored???????

Yes , the wind flipped it right over, Never anchored it as it's portable. Nothing has ever budged it before and it's been there for two years.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
so what do you do?...wait for the next storm to flip it back over?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
gimme a while...if i leave now i can be there with my tractor, I could be there by tomorrow sometime....best take my tire chains off first...lol

·
791 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
gimme a while...if i leave now i can be there with my tractor, I could be there by tomorrow sometime....best take my tire chains off first...lol
Argh!!!!! Don't even talk about tire chains YET! :mad2: I'm sure the last few years up over there have been just like ours not far to your SW... seems like every other day we get dumped on in the winter. One of the larger snowfalls we had last year necessitated having a local construction company come over with a track-style little skid loader and a full-on end loader to help clear the RV dealership out. Our two plow trucks and Ford diesel tractor with a bucket were worthless that time, lol.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
my tire chains and wheel weights LIVE on the tractor. I pretty much only use it in the winter for snow removal and firewood harvest. Summer use is an occasional grading the driveway after a torrential rain.

Given my driveway is over a 1000 feet long through the woods, there are times I need to pile snow 15 feet high.

·
791 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
my tire chains and wheel weights LIVE on the tractor. I pretty much only use it in the winter for snow removal and firewood harvest. Summer use is an occasional grading the driveway after a torrential rain.

Given my driveway is over a 1000 feet long through the woods, there are times I need to pile snow 15 feet high.
Time to hijack a DOT truck with the blower on it!:idea:

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
I used a snow chucker for a few years.....having an auger re-tipped is costly and getting new gravel ain't cheap either. My son in law could get me a deal on a 6 foot blower for the Massey BUT......a snow bucket and rear blade is really the way for me to go. Right now I am just waiting for the skeeters to go away

·
Canon Fodder
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Touch0Gray said:
I used a snow chucker for a few years.....having an auger re-tipped is costly and getting new gravel ain't cheap either. My son in law could get me a deal on a 6 foot blower for the Massey BUT......a snow bucket and rear blade is really the way for me to go. Right now I am just waiting for the skeeters to go away

Them F*@#!!rs are unbelievable this year.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
WI B16 said:
Them F*@#!!rs are unbelievable this year.
Wisconsin has a new State bird?

·
791 Posts
Bad here in IA as well. I think those freaking Minnawegians sent them out of state.

·
Canon Fodder
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
snapdragen said:
Wisconsin has a new State bird?
Snap, at anytime of the day if there is not at least a 5 mile an hour breeze, you will have a cloud, and I mean a cloud of skeeters on you. You go into the nearest big town and try to buy insect repellent and there is none to be had.

It's bad!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts