Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The missus and I are trying to get back in shape for the Central Va bike festival and Bike Virginia. We rode from our house out into the country and back into downtown Lynchburg to meet up with a training ride for the local sprint triathlon and then back home after the training ride. 65 miles of fun. I took the dslr along and took a few photos. Nothing spectacular but it was a great ride with a great lady.

PS: the bike with the dice is a friends 'Dicycle'. He took an old schwinn that he got from goodwill and converted it to a singlespeed. When he asked what to do with the shifter bosses I suggested covering them with drilled dice. He took it to a whole new level. He's not quite right.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
he's not quite right.....well, well, well.....isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black coming from the LOUNGE?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
oh yeah....and first and nice pic's....just had to get the sarcasm in.....lol

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Touch0Gray said:
oh yeah....and first and nice pic's....just had to get the sarcasm in.....lol
Sarcasm? Never heard of it..

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was taken at monument terrace in downtown lynchburg. If you've never been to Lynchburg, downtown is a miniature San Francisco. The staircase goes up the side of the hill from Church to Court Street and has many monuments to war casualties. Downtown Lynchburg is a beautiful and interesting place.

My wife also liked that shot the best.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Nice!

I like all the shots, esp the staircase and the first pic. But, there's something really sublime about that red door, would like to see what it might've looked like centered though, or perhaps at a wider angle. Really nice anyway.

And, it looks like is was a fantastic day for a ride. Not like here...cold and wet and windy.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
That staircase shot really jumps out, nice.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Nice!

I like the natural saturation of the first doorway shot.

·
Trying to return....
418 Posts
VaughnA, I know a bunch of folks that live and work in Lynchburg, VA. I don't suppose you work for one of the bottling equip companies up there?

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OldEndicottHiway said:
Nice!

I like all the shots, esp the staircase and the first pic. But, there's something really sublime about that red door, would like to see what it might've looked like centered though, or perhaps at a wider angle. Really nice anyway.

And, it looks like is was a fantastic day for a ride. Not like here...cold and wet and windy.
How's this, my second shot of the door.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
DrRoebuck said:
Nice!

I like the natural saturation of the first doorway shot.
Coming from you that's a real compliment! I took a couple others of the same place but I didn't like them as well. I want to go back downtown and take my time, I was very hurried yesterday as I was taking pictures while on a ride rather than riding to take pictures. Here are a couple more of the 'Texax Inn' AKA Tea Room. A local Lynchburg landmark. Home of the Cheesy Western, a burger with an egg and cheese with a lot of extra grease. Any suggestions on cropping etc? The blue of the sky and the blue of the building made a nice pair.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Nice!

personally I like the fact that the door is not entered in the frame, but due to the slight angle that it was shot at, the angle to the door seems to center the eye when looking at it

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MB1 said:
Nice job on the statue.
'
Thanks! I was thinking of you when I took it. Obvious targets, doors, statues and bicycles.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ray_from_SA said:
VaughnA, I know a bunch of folks that live and work in Lynchburg, VA. I don't suppose you work for one of the bottling equip companies up there?
Nope, but depending on what they bottle I may be a customer.:D

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Nice series. I like a few - the door, the stairs and the statue amongst the rest.

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Lovely all around. I am really looking forward to meeting you and The Missus.

BTW, I still need some info on how to find you when I arrive...

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll get you some more info in the next day or so. Hopefully this will encourage a few more folks to join us.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.