Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be changing a few things around soon. I recently picked up a Force RD, and I was going to get a 11-28 rear cassette. I have a new chain on the way and I have a compact 50-34 crank. By my calculations the max cassette that I can use is a 12-27. After seeing this: SRAM Force Rear Derailleur - Road Bike - Rear Derailleurs I'm a little confused. It says that I'm able to use a max rear of 28t and a max difference of front of 16t. However, it also says a max total capacity of 31t.

So, which is correct?

·
Registered
79 Posts
You'll be fine. I have a force RD and an 11-28 on my bike right now. The chain gets a little loose if you try to cross chain in small small so don't do that.

If you like staying in your small chainring up front, the wifli force RD will have more chain take-up capacity.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll be fine. I have a force RD and an 11-28 on my bike right now. The chain gets a little loose if you try to cross chain in small small so don't do that.

If you like staying in your small chainring up front, the wifli force RD will have more chain take-up capacity.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I'm not usually in the small chain ring up front so that shouldn't be an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.