168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
21,507 Posts
Not a spit of difference

tgiboney said:
2006 Cannondale R5000, 2006 Specialized Allez Expert Double
Pick the one that looks the best to you. Alternatively, pick the one ridden by a rider you like. Alternatively, pick the one you see the least on your rides. I think you get the picture :)

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Clearly a choice to be made on the basis of color...

My rule in those situations is always to buy the orange one...
Seriously, they're both fine, and I doubt that one has anything to make you happy that the other lacks. It comes down to graphics, little fine points of fit and which one makes you feel faster.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,748 Posts
They're not completely comparable...the Cannondale is standard geometry, has upgraded components, and is all aluminum. The Specialized is compact and has some extra carbon in it.

Does one ride better than the other? Handle better? Fit better? Choose on one these aspects if you can. But if not...

Which is cheaper? If you like both, just buy whichever allows you to spend more money on accesories.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go with the Cannondale, handmade in the USA. I had an R4000 and now I have the 6/13 and have always been really happy with their bikes. Hey, they did win the Giro a few times!

Got a special opportunity to tour the factory in Bedford, PA a couple years ago. Really cool place and met some really down to earth good people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts