Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a VanDessel G&T for $500, almost new (built up, found was too big, tore it down) or I can get a Giant TCX (2005), same condition (like new), for prolly $100 or mor eless, assuming I win the e-bay auction. I can have the G&T gauranteed, but $100 is a nice chunk of change. Both AL w/ cf forks, alloy steerers, although the G&T has cf stays. Both would fit. Can I go wrong? Probably not. Is the G&T worth $100 (or more) more?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Kram59 said:
I can get a VanDessel G&T for $500, almost new (built up, found was too big, tore it down) or I can get a Giant TCX (2005), same condition (like new), for prolly $100 or mor eless, assuming I win the e-bay auction. I can have the G&T gauranteed, but $100 is a nice chunk of change. Both AL w/ cf forks, alloy steerers, although the G&T has cf stays. Both would fit. Can I go wrong? Probably not. Is the G&T worth $100 (or more) more?
I'd go for the G&T personally. I have two full seasons on my bikes with carbon seatstays & the ride quality is soooo much nicer than full alum. (I have had several full alum to compare to). Also, not sure what size Giant but my team has been on them for the last three years & the main complaint is the lack of room for shouldering from the compact frame design. I'm fortunate enough to have two custom frames that are just painted up like Giants but I've ridden our team bikes enough to prefer a roomier front triangle. Just my .02 cents. Good luck!!
DP

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. After thinking about it, I think I will go with the G&T. The price diff isn't that much when you factor in shipping etc. Plus, the G&T is from my lbs-I like to give those guys my biz when I can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts