Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past weekend we had our annual blizzard...1/4 to 1 inch of snow. The kids were disappointed, but I thought it was better than nothing.

I decided this would be the perfect day to take out the Mutant...

As you can see, the drive was nicely packed, but nothing on the roads...

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Alone in the woods

Lots of fun downhills and climbs. Made much harder by the icy snow on the ground. But the Mutant, equipted this day with 26X2 inch semi knobs handled the job quite nicely.

Nothing but trees, snow and the sun on my shoulder. Nice...

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Only on a mutant...

The Mutant knows no boundaries...Point and go.

There are lots of farms/fields around so its always fun to go explore. But like everywhere else, the trails are slowly giving way to new housing developments.

You can see by the track below that I wasn't the only thing out and about this morning...

Color Blind footnote...In the last picture you most likely see lots of green. I was in my teens before I realized these trees weren't red. Very red.

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
On the road again...

Back on solid ground now...

Time to head back home. This area just West of Winston Salem NC (cigarettes anyone?) has miles of rolling, twisty roads. In my neck of the woods, there is very little traffic. A true cycling paradise.

My daughter calls the house below the Cinderella Castle.

With a road name like this, you gotta stop for a photo op...

Finally, back down the drive to the house for a good hosing down (the bike) and a warm change of clothes.

Thanks for riding along with me and sorry about all the mud...

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Water Break

About an hours worth of riding and I decide the Mutant and I need a water break. This is a great little creek. Very quite out here, but enough break. Got to get back to work.

There were a few passes that required some portage...I felt truely European doing the cyclocross thing through creeks, over knolls and stuff.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Very cool.

racerx said:
This past weekend we had our annual blizzard...1/4 to 1 inch of snow. The kids were disappointed, but I thought it was better than nothing.

I decided this would be the perfect day to take out the Mutant...

As you can see, the drive was nicely packed, but nothing on the roads...
I like the Mutant and the portage photo (hmmmm.... note to self; steal that idea :D ).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts