Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We used to do monthly mileage threads all the time. Trend seems to have died.

Anyway, I had to create one as I have had my best month in my 5 seasons of cycling.

822 miles, average about 17.5, and about 38,000 ft climbing. My previous high for a month was 638 in August 2004.

Oh, I've lost 41 pounds since 4/7 too. The motivation is high right now ...

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
So far this month 956.67 miles with an average speed of 17.4 mph (which include 4 short track MTB races). After tomorrow evenings ride I'll be just under 1000 miles for the month of July.

I don't know my elevation gained, but my calories burned for the month is approximately 48,600 and will likely break 50,000 tomorrow.

One more major race on the season, then a bunch of fun stuff (kermesee's and cyclocross).

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I'm about 575 so far. I plan to get a ride in toorrow too. It's been a good month weather-wise, but I still wish I would have ridden more. I guess it's pretty good comsidering I had a 12 day stretch if traveling with no bike!

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
July, 646 miles. YTD, 4325 miles. Average speed in July was 17 mph, but that number doesn't mean a lot since about half my mileage is bike commuting. My average speed on commutes is about 15 mph, but 18+ mph on other rides.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
So far, July's been a good month, and I've taken PLENTY of time off the bike.

Month - 519 miles
Days off - 13!!!!!!!!!!
YTD - 3092

Weight? Exactly the same as January 1.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
July ~ 700 miles ( 3 commutes and a Sun group ride per week) Not bad with having a 4 year old and a 1 year old in the house, and a happy wife.

singlecross

·
banned from the museum
6,755 Posts
I'm in the 850 mile range, between my commuter and my weekend bike. My buddy has been going with me every Saturday morning, and we have been cranking out 50-65 miles every Saturday. That helps. Plus a few weekday rides in addition to the commute really add up. I only drove to work once in the last two months.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I should top 1700km's this month, not sure of the climbing though....It's not the hilliest around here...

My previous high was mid 1500km...Started commuting to work a couple times a week as well as the regular rides with my wife...Not sure how long I can keep this up, my body is complaining...

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,136 Posts
My total is pretty pathetic. No commuting because I work at home and we've been travelling with the kids quite a bit in July. Average is probably around 26-27 km/h, total should be around 300 km.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.