Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In which I fall down and go boom.

I was about five minutes from my office door this morning when I encountered a patch of deadly black ice. The bike went right, I went left, and I ended up looking stupid in front of a bunch of joggers. End results: no damage to the bike, thank goodness. But I have a broken left middle finger! So, no more commuting for me for a little while. It’s a good thing and that Microsoft has a speech recognition program, since my left hand is wrapped in plaster and bandages. There’s nothing like looking stupid in front of four joggers.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
What a difference a day makes

Andy M-S said:

I was about five minutes from my office door this morning when I encountered a patch of deadly black ice. The bike went right, I went left, and I ended up looking stupid in front of a bunch of joggers. End results: no damage to the bike, thank goodness. But I have a broken left middle finger! So, no more commuting for me for a little while. It’s a good thing and that Microsoft has a speech recognition program, since my left hand is wrapped in plaster and bandages. There’s nothing like looking stupid in front of four joggers.
Your commute story from yesterday was priceless. Today's story was .. well, not so priceless. I once fell on black ice on my driveway, just a few feet from where I usually get off of the bike. I had some bruises, but no broken bones. My thoughts are with you. Get well.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear that.

Andy M-S said:

Plus you have got to be careful in rehab, don't want to give that thing too much outdoor exercise too soon just because you are happy have the bandages off...... :D

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you have a quick recovery.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope.

MB1 said:
Plus you have got to be careful in rehab, don't want to give that thing too much outdoor exercise too soon just because you are happy have the bandages off...... :D
That could be a dangerous idea. Guess I'll just have to make sure it stays wrapped around the brake lever.

Did you know that voice recognition is a really cool technology?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
I've got a nephew up in Walter Reed.

Andy M-S said:
Did you know that voice recognition is a really cool technology?
All the guys up there have it, and yes it is pretty cool. Makes their life a lot easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts