Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work two mornings a week, teaching yoga and doing some personal training. I finish between 11 AM and 1 PM. My husband drops me off in the morning with my bike, and then I ride home. It's a pretty sweet deal.

My ride, my work and getting through town.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More town shots

My daughter's high school, and a couple major intersections, busy for this town anyway.

Bridge over Los Alamos Canyon, view from the bridge, last intersection before heading downhill.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Further down the canyon

LANSCE- High energy physics facility. Canyon flora. Firing range for the "protection services." It's great fun riding by here when they are doing live fire exercises. Better get a move on before they wonder why I'm taking photos. Ahh, the county line...

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More downhill!!

Tsankawi is an outlying portion of Bandelier National Monument. Ruins and a cool trail. One of these days I will take a couple hours on the way home and do a photo shoot.

Alien crossing????

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heading for the Rio

Down in the valley and the Rio Grande. My turn off at San I.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now you see why I ride the mtn bike.

The last couple miles home are not just dirt, but sand and washboard. We had rain this past weekend, so the sand is a little more packed than usual. I have occasionally found myself nearly rims deep in sand. Whoops my helmet seems to have come off. I wonder how that happened??

Took some shots through the pueblo, even tho I didn't have a photo permit. The bridge is over a small desert river that flows into the Rio Grande.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last mile home

Up the hill, the mailbox, new garage just built this summer, and my little bike corner of it. And my buddy waiting for me! Now who could be stressed out after that??

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I luck out by getting to ride home mid-day. During prime commute hours I would be battling a large amount of traffic. There are quite a lot of bike commuters on "The Hill." They commute from in town to jobs at the Lab. I'm the only one I ever seem commuting from the valley.

·
hold my beer n watch this
1,756 Posts
Mt bikes and crutches, hmmm...

Lovely commute, please do the photo shoot of the trail sometime.

Flyn G

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
:lol: They are left over from breaking my foot last fall. And yes it did involve a mtn bike. I think my husband stuck them out there.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Very nice and very pretty commute. Wish mine was that nice.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, we could actually have snow making by next season! It's still a great place to ski. They run the lifts for mtn bikes several weekends in the summer now.

·
Still waiting......
1,321 Posts
I remember back in the day when how to get to Pajarito was one of the best kept secrets in NM. The first time I went my friend threatened to blindfold me and throw me in the trunk so I wouldn't be able to retrace the route (or at least that's what he said)

So many nasty spills on East Mushroom. Trying to keep with kids that grew up skiing the bumps there was nutty.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts