Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure how familiar the brand Monoprice is to the cycling community, but they are apparently branching into the cycling market. Their shtick has always been house brand goods made by the same manufacturers as major brand products.

Anyways, their site now carries a few carbon wheels, handle bars, seatpost and bottle cages. Wonder how far they will expand into this segment.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Interesting, but I wonder how safe those handlebars are? There's a lot of cheap, Chinese counterfeit handlebars on eBay, for example.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I would think a reputable company like Monoprice isn't going to spec and sell counterfeit stuff. They're not some random Chinese ebay seller than can just wipe their hands of customer issues.
What I was really trying to say is that I'd rather buy a name brand handlebar than some no name brand. More confidence that they are designed and manufactured and inspected properly, as there are a lot of shoddy Chinese manufactured products out there.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I would not be worried about quality with Monoprice. Huge company, totally legit.

Looking through the cycling page, looks like the tires/tubes are rebadged Kenda tires as evidenced by the stock photos showing Kwick and Kaliente badging.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.