Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone has a schedule where there's a race every month ?

Is it possible to peak every month ? Long term improvement requires one month blocks just to train a particular system. Be it base, endurance , power , peaking. How does all this fit in if you have a race every month ?

What is the bare minimum, the number of times a person can hope to peak in a year ?

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
This is a tough one to answer. A peak lasts up to six weeks (Friel), you may have a race every week, two some weeks.

You have to prioritize your races. YOu can race everyweek, but alot of those are going to be for training, you are packmeat.

If you now separate your season into TWO peaks containing A races, then it is possible to peak, race hard for a few weeks. Then transition, do a build phase, and then peak again later in the season.

For example, I will end my first peak in mid-July. I will hit alot of races in early August, but those are B races. The second peak starts in the end of August and lasts through the fall season to mid September.

Then cross starts! ;-)

·
Registered
491 Posts
None of the 4 terms you mention are systems. Three of them are concepts of dubious value. Most training plans aim for 1-2 peaks per season. Unless you're a pro that's been training for years and has hit a plateau, I'd be more concerned with improving your baseline fitness rather than peaking. Remember, peaking twice a year for most people means they're out of shape the rest of the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.