Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man oh man! After a week spent in NYC with amazing weather and no bike it was a bummer when i found myself in southern Connecticut yesterday and lots of rain.

Fortunately things took a turn for the better today, and temps hit something in the range of 70+° F

Which, as the title of this thread states, was the perfect weather for me to finally get some road time on my 3 month old TCR Comp 0, which has been sitting in my parents basement while I've been riding my ancient C'dale 2.8. Don't ask why it's a long and boring story ;)

So, what can I say about the test run? Well, apart from the fact that my seatpost kept sliding down, it ride was fantastic. I went out for 2 hours, and stayed out for 3.5

Here's a pic

and here's a bonus pic. in case you're wondering, that's a St Michael's medal. I've had one on all of my bikes, going back to my racing days. He's the patron saint for battle, amongst other things :))

·
170 Posts
Wow, I couldn't imagine having a bike like that but not being able to ride it!

So are you still toying with the stem/handlebar height? I'm thinking about lowering the stem on my mtb, might try the same scheme instead of just cutting the fork.

BTW, way to rock that "Made in Taiwan" headbadge sticker with pride! No shame ;)

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PeatD said:
Wow, I couldn't imagine having a bike like that but not being able to ride it!
it wasn't easy, but considering that i was in europe and the bike in the US, i managed to get over it ;)

PeatD said:
So are you still toying with the stem/handlebar height? I'm thinking about lowering the stem on my mtb, might try the same scheme instead of just cutting the fork.

BTW, way to rock that "Made in Taiwan" headbadge sticker with pride! No shame ;)
i didn't want to cut right away when i got it. i've been riding my old c'dale, and that has a saddle to bar drop of 11cm, which is 2 cm deeper than the giant. not sure what to do just yet, but i think i'll have to cut soonish. i've already banged my knee on the steerer a few times. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
238 Posts
HAd a problem with the seatpost on my Giant, after changing 2 seatposts the only thing that worked was hairspray. You don't need a lot but it works.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I roughened the surface up on the carbon seat post with 220 grit paper on the section that is inside the frame. Has worked fine for the 2 years since.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very nice! :D

You've got me more excited about mine, now. It will be here on Thursday, but I'm not collecting it (again, don't ask!) until the 20th May.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts