Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cbs4denver.com/local/cyclist.allen.killed.2.777702.html

Cyclist Killed In Crash On Fort Collins Road

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (CBS4) ― A 20-year-old Colorado State University Student is accused of driving under the influence when he crashed into a cyclist in Fort Collins, killing the 32-year-old woman.

Rebecca Allen was wearing a helmet and using flashlights during her routine morning ride earlier this week.

The crash on West Drake Road sent Allen into a light pole. A friend riding with her was able to walk away after also being hit.

The car's driver, Daniel Price, told officers he had been drinking, police said.

"Someone who is an adult at 20, who chose not to be responsible," said Cindy Kristin, a professor at CSU who worked with Allen. Allen was an undergraduate advisor for students in the school's journalism program.

Police haven't said how fast Price was driving. Investigators hope to have results back from a blood alcohol test later on Wednesday.

·
Train to Nowhere
718 Posts
another tragedy, driving and alcohol. my thoughts go out to the family. my son lives in loveland and have ridden many areas around both fort collins and loveland with him before the tbp. i hope they throw the book at him! :mad:

·
Registered
242 Posts
The accident happened at 5:20 am on Drake here in town. Truly sad, the local paper said her husband was a former general manager at the local performance and that the cyclists were using proper lighting. Be safe out there and always enjoy the ride. I think murder charges should be filed, but he will probably do a few years and be free.

·
Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The driver is going to prison.

The man accused of hitting two bicyclists in Fort Collins, killing one of them, in July pleaded guilty Friday to vehicular homicide and careless driving resulting in death or injury.

As part of a plea deal, the driving under the influence charge against Daniel Price was dropped.

Rebecca Allen, 32, was killed in the crash that occurred on West Drake Road near Moore Lane. Her female friend was injured.<table class="storyAd" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="storyAdObj"> <!-- Begin Ad tag: square--><script type="text/javascript"> IBSYS.ad.AdManager.registerPosition({ "iframe": false, "addlSz": "", "element": "ad_N700074.40C6", "interstitials": false, "beginDate": "", "endDate": "", "getSect": "yes", "name": "square", "qString": "", "width": "300", "height": "250", "section": "", "useId": "17984632", "interactive": false, "useSameCategory": false, "topic": "", "swSectionRoot": "", "useZone": "", "containerType": "page", "containerID": "92470", "type": "DOM" }); </script><script style="display: none;" src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/ibs.den.news/national;kw=news+square+17984632;comp=false;ad=true;pgtype=detail;tile=4;sz=300x250;ord=1226765725549?"></script><noscript></noscript><!-- End Ad tag: square-->
</td></tr></tbody></table>As part of the plea deal, Price will likely serve eight years in prison, followed by five years probation. He will be formally sentenced on Jan. 16.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.