Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many seconds is it worth to be the final rider vs having the final rider behind you? Had Contador not taken advantage of Andy's chain drop, Andy would have chased Contador in the ITT with at least a few seconds to spare.

·
Registered
8 Posts
InfiniteLoop said:
Contador didn't look very happy on the podium. Does he know that he didn't win the tour by his riding?
He looked like someone who was trying to compose themselves after crying...

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
Maybe a stain on the yellow jersey if he spills champagne on it during tomorrow's stage. Other than that, he's got nothing to apologize for. Neither does Andy.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Did Andy wipe his hands on the yellow jersey after missing getting the chain back on all those times?

·
Registered
238 Posts
The only "stains" on the yellow jersey are from those who have broken rules to get it...

I don't even see why this situation is even an issue... Its a race, not an ethics competition...

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Yawn

"Shades of the I love Lance/Hate Conti threads of the past.

Just replace "Lance" with "Andy" and there is no need for more threads like this.

Conti won. Time to move on to next year's TdF!" - LostViking

·
Registered
159 Posts
Assume Andy didn't drop his chain that day and he and Alberto finished together that stage. Andy at the time was 31 seconds ahead of Contador. Contador finished today 31 seconds ahead of Andy. This tour would have been the closest race ever! They would really have had to check the clocks today down to less than a second. Contador needed to finish 1 second faster beause everyone could say that he would have won anyways without the chain incident. Now there will always be people pointing out that Andy may have won.

·
Registered
374 Posts
matchmaker said:
This is a stain on the jersey and will forever be an asterisk behind the name of the 2010 winner. And Contador knows that.
2 asterisks out of 3 so far. He already got an asterisk for Rasmussen.

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
Maximus_XXIV said:
Did Andy wipe his hands on the yellow jersey after missing getting the chain back on all those times?
:D

the only stained yellow jerseys were those won during the nineties and first half of the 2000s

The EPO years.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Rasmussen Asterix

Salsa_Lover said:
:D

the only stained yellow jerseys were those won during the nineties and first half of the 2000s

The EPO years.
Tempted to agree - but don't think the EPO years are over.

I think the Rasmussen thing was highly questionable, but treat it like an accident on the road, not Conti's fault therefore no asterix.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Only think AC took advantage of imo is that he saved himself from doing any extra effort. Seemed like the mindset was "how much fast should I go to beat Andy?" as opposed to "I need to take the stage if I can", so he can go as hot as he can next stage if necessary. We've seen how they compare in ITT's, and hell, AC won the late one in last year's tour.

So yeah, for those AS 'riding wussies, I guess Contador was being messed up again, failing to put out some "honorable/legit/respectful/authentic" effort :rolleyes: It's funny, because AS never had it out for Contador during the incident. Frustrated, yes. Targeting someone like all his fans were? Not really.

Just lost to why (if that's true), to why AC wasn't looking out for Menchov's time.

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
Seems to me that Conti is not comfortable on those TT Specialized bikes, he looked better when he was on the Treks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think saying it's a stain on the Yellow Jersey is overstating it.

But the maillot jaune should prove he's the strongest rider in the Tour. Contador didn't do that. He and Schleck were the two strongest riders, with Contador being the more fortunate and ruthless.

In the history of Tour wins, this sure isn't an impressive one. And is likely a questionable one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
LostViking said:
Yawn

"Shades of the I love Lance/Hate Conti threads of the past.

Just replace "Lance" with "Andy" and there is no need for more threads like this.

Conti won. Time to move on to next year's TdF!" - LostViking
Yes, but he won with a time margin he gained by attacking when his biggest rival had a mechanical problem.

How could that possibly be worth discussing?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
breach of etiquette

Alberto won the tour by the same amount of time he put into Andy after he dropped his chain. Odd isnt it? Like the bike Gods were watching the whole thing. Alberto is going to have to live with his decision the rest of his life. Personally I would have stopped if I saw it was mechanical. Alberto said he saw nothing. Only he knows the truth. He didnt break any official tour rules that could get him DQed and I guess thats the real deciding factor. Andy will beat him next year. But the truth is, he beat him this year.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts