Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got up at 5:00, had my work done by 10:30, drove my wife and mother-in-law to the airport, went to the Trek Store, installed the brakes and mount plate and had time to "take a virgin"

I have some serious apologies to make to the Goddess of steel....Chrome Molly, and I didn't want to like carbon, but omg.....it smooths out rough roads...PERIOD.

rough build to see if it fits.....OH YEAH.....feels GREAT

I will be ordering BB, crankset and FD....

Rode it into town to pick up my truck (can only drive em one at a time)

Got home, popped open a Leinnies Red, started an oak fire in the grill for burgers...and I am going to kick back and shop for parts tonight.

Oh yeah, I stopped to see a GOOD friend and he informed me that he was getting a divorce....last time I commented to him on his "status" was when he told me he was getting married. The question then was "why"

This time the question was ....."congrat's or condolences?...."

The answer..."congrats....I should have listened"

The things you can say to GOOD friends!

Some pictures...and remember...it is a ROUGH build....to see if she fits....

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Yeaa! It's up & runnin'. Glad you like it so far. What kind of stuff are you gonna hang on it?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ultimately I would like Veloce 10 speed, for now I am going to order a Veloce double (53/39) crankset, a veloce BB and veloce braze-on front. The Mirage 9 spd rear der and shifters will do for now and I can afford to share wheels.....I heard a NASTY rumor that the economy stinks.....

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
FWIW, burgers and beer were good too...and NOW...they are talking about a possible 5 inches of wet heavy snow tomorrow....ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
toomanybikes said:
Blasphemer!!!!!!!
i'm sorry

fact is, to date, I have never even had as much as a carbon fork........my Bianchi is still my true love....

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
i'm sorry

fact is, to date, I have never even had as much as a carbon fork........my Bianchi is still my true love....
first, MB, and now you, Touch, the old steel stalwarts are quickly dying off:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts