Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To celebrate spring I took a walk in the woods. All pictures taken were less than 1 mile from my house. Although it is spring, there sure isn't a lot of color yet. These things take time, way too much time this spring.

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Just a few more.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i'd like to see those in another month.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Hmm cool. I like the close ups.

For the water shots, I prefer it if you used a longer exposure with a higher f-stop value for a soft effect. But, I still like those you posted.

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
You sure have a lot of dead things by you.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
awesome, i bet that whitetail was a bruiser

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't move the skull to set up the shot. That is right where I found it.

Gut, I found a real nice left antler shed off an 8 point but the brow tine was broke off.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i missed the turtle shell when i first looked at this. that would be an awesome helmet.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
That is definitely a weird assortment of artifacts. Deer skull is ominous.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
That turtle shell looks like an old WWII artifact.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Turtleherder said:
You sure have a lot of dead things by you.
Well, at least he is not taking pictures 40 miles to the south of where those photos were taken. Three dead bodies have been found in Baltimore Harbor within the past 14 days.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Those were do to the screen doors on the sub. It could have happened anywhere :).

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This time of year, the wood's floor is pretty clean and you can see bones fairly easy. Of course for every skull there is a pile of other bones that have been dragged around. Many of the deer have been hit by a car, or shot by a hunter and ran into the woods (state park) and died.

Near the edge of the road, you can often find piles of deer bones thrown out of the back of a pickup after the hunters have processed the meat. That is not as bad as it seems because it does provide food for the foxes, buzzards, and other varmits.

·
Eddy 53:11
3,165 Posts
-You found my first car!
-Another homeless turtle . . . .sad.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Mark,

Do you mean to tell me that those pics taken by Big Rider were taken in Maryland? I was going to tell him I am envious, but I guess I could just move by him if it gets too bad here.

Didn't hear about the 3 bodies in the Harbour, but if it doesn't deal with taxes or law at this time of the year, I rarely hear about it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts