Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my daughter and I went to a little campground/reserve near our home neither of us had ever visited. The Chattahoochee River runs right next to it and I heard people sometimes kayak there, plus they have campsites. Decided to check it out and take the camera along. It was not the best time of day light-wise, but I tried to make the best of what I had. I am still shooting in auto mode...trying to work on composition. I love my camera and my only aspiration is to take pictures that make me happy. But feel free to critique away.

I'll also throw in a shot of three of the brood and their new spaceship litter box. :D

1. McIntosh Reserve
2 - 5. This house was reassembled from a site in Alabama. Supposed to highly resemble the original house on this site. I like the candid shot of my daughter. The MySpace face shots are what I generally end up with when I point the camera her direction.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
First!

Ok, lemme go back and look now.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was beautiful today and I wanted to get some shots of the river. So we did some exploring and found the river trail. Perfect! But the sun was way too strong to get good water shots.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These were taken at the same cabin as post one. I liked the low, split rail fence, but couldn't decide which photo I like best so you get to see both of them. I think the blossoms are one of my favorite shots of the day. And here's the kitteh shot to mix things up!

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
I didn't know Apple makes Nature reserves now too. Was it also known as the iReserve?

Oh and, is Sebastian barfing in his spaceship?

//Nice shots. I like the one with the branches (in the last set you posted).

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
uzziefly said:
I didn't know Apple makes Nature reserves now too. Was it also known as the iReserve?

Oh and, is Sebastian barfing in his spaceship?

//Nice shots. I like the one with the branches (in the last set you posted).
It will hereby be known as the iReserve.

I think he was sniffing another cat's poop. :rolleyes:

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
I'd bet that's some cold water, you look so different in all your pix.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gutfiddle said:
I'd bet that's some cold water, you look so different in all your pix.
This is the southern end of the Hooch, so it's not nearly as cold as up north. But yes, still pretty chilly.

And she looks just like me, so technically you're still correct about looking different in all my pics. :thumbsup:

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
I like the 1st split rail shot, but with a level horizon.

The tree blossom is great. The one w/ K on the rock is good, just could've used a bit of fill flash.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lemonlime said:
I like the 1st split rail shot, but with a level horizon.

The tree blossom is great. The one w/ K on the rock is good, just could've used a bit of fill flash.
Yes, after looking at them again, I like the first one best, too.

The shot of K on the rock was taken with flash. She had harsh sunlight above and behind her. I wouldn't have chosen to shoot the pic there, but she climbed down there and said, "Hey, take my picture!" so I obliged.

I like the blossom shot, too. Thanks.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Favorite ones are the blossoms and the first split rail. Just gotta watch those horizons.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts