Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
or social/moral decay, that you cannot leave your bike locked up on a street with out it being cannibalized.
Even if my bike was cannibalized, I still can't comprehend just leaving it locked up forever. The lock, frame, etc. all cost good money and would definitely be worth selling or fixing.

Lazy people....

·
Registered
218 Posts
I hate seeing these. To me, they are equivalent to abandoned cars, or hot water heaters laying along a road or in someones front yard. They also take up space that could otherwise be used to lock up a functioning bicycle.

When we are trying to get additional bicycle parking downtown, it also helps to not have the idea that they are going to at some point function as rusty scrap heaps in the minds of the people who get to rule on these things.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I remember a road down in Algiers I used to take out towards the levy on my morning rides. There was a shotgun house there that was still a bit of a hulk from Katrina...and on the front sidewalk, there was a complete bike still chained to telephone pole, all rusted, but intact.

I always thought of it as kind of a piece of art and wondered what the story was behind it, what happened to the person who used to ride it, etc.....I get where you're coming from.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.