Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Cateye Strada Wireless save your top speed? Or just the mileage? Which computer saves top speed?

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
All the Cateyes I have owned display max speed by scrolling to the average speed function and holding the mode button.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weird. I rode yesterday but when I checked this morning, it seems all the numbers are gone except for the Odometer... I tried going to the Avg speed mode and hold the Mode button but nothing happens

·
OUTLAW BIKER
463 Posts
notwist said:
Weird. I rode yesterday but when I checked this morning, it seems all the numbers are gone except for the Odometer... I tried going to the Avg speed mode and hold the Mode button but nothing happens
That happened to me once, seems the battery may have had a bad connection for a second and the trip reset but the settings where still there....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Perhaps you accidentally reset the trip counter? If you click and hold down the button for about 2 seconds it'll clear all the numbers except the odometer (the idea being that you're interested in the distance/average/maxspeed for a certain trip, and not all-time).

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking that's what happened. So, the trip distance will keep adding up until you reset it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Everything is cumulative until you hold the button and reset it. If you only want your distances/speeds for one trip, reset before you head out.

The odometer will not be resetted unless you reset it a different way (small button on the back, I think. Look at the manual)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Yeah , you must've reset it, put it in the ....

DST2 window. I have the same one and was doing the same thing when removing it from the bike to write down the info. It takes 2 seconds to pop it out of the bracket so I end up resetting the DST2 window but not the rest of the data. Also, be careful of the clip that holds the computer on to the bracket. They are cheap and easily repalceable from Cateye but they break easy.

·
Registered
843 Posts
feeski,check the

piece that clips in to the bottom of the computer. I bet it's cracked and pushed down in to the molded plastic. Mine was cracked and pushed down,but still hanging on by a bit of molding. If you're not carefull, the computer might bounce off, though highly unlikely, since it needs to be pushed forward to dismount. But if you hit a bumpy road it might. Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.