Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want build new wheelset. Hubs: Soul Kozak 24h front, DT 240S road 28h rear, CX-Ray spokes.
But I don't know what rims will the best. AC 350 it's nice, but I'm afraid it will the weekest element of wheelset.
AC 350: 358 gr at 24 mm profile - I think, hall is very, very thin. This rims are stiff? I'm afraid use this rim on polish roads :mad:
Alex Crostini R 3.1 are slightly heavier, but it have 19 mm profile = "fater" wall.

Please for any opinion about AC 350 and Alex R 3.1.

·
Juanmoretime
2,313 Posts
The Alex Crostini with the very slight weight penalty is the way to go. The AC rim is the same as the Rolf Prima Elan series and the braking is marginal compared to the 3.1. The Alex are very stiff and responsive. After riding the set I bought the Rolfs were sold off pretty quick as I couldn't ride them anymore.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
I have Crostini R3.1/3.2, but I've only put a couple hundred mile on 'em so I'm not really able to comment on durability or anything else. They do look nice, and as I said somewhere else, braking is more effective on the Crostinis than it was on Bontrager Race X Lites.

I'd listen to Juanmoretime. He's had his Crostinis longer and has more miles on 'em. Plus he's had experience on der AC wheels. And of course you could always PM Ligero....maybe Ergott (does he build with Crostinis?).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.