Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the new Access Yadkin road bike at Performance Bike? I had not seen one there, but it has been a few months since I have been in.

Access Yadkin Road Bike - 2017 Performance Exclusive

It appears to have 105 level components, an alloy seatpost and stem.

I haven't been able to find much information or reviews on this bike.

Any information would be helpful.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Well the stem is alloy and the wheels are double wall alloy.

Serious stuff.

I'm kidding of course but I've heard of no name brand but that's really stretching it.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Don't be misled by the "105 Drivetrain" statement. It does have 105 Shifters and Derailleurs. But it has Tektro brakes (ick) and an FSA Omega crank.

Listing the MSRP for that bike at $2400 is silly. There is no way that's a $2400 bike.

The fact that its being sold at Performance is a plus though, as I believe they will let you return it to the store if you aren't happy with it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys. Yeah I saw the crank and brakes, but I was wondering if anyone had ridden it yet, who could report out on the frame. I couldn't find any reviews. I think it might be brand new at Performance.

·
Huge in Japan
455 Posts
The only thing I remember about Yadkin road is the tattoo parlors and pawn shops but that was over 20 years ago.

If this bike is a tribute to that stay away. Stay far away.

·
is riding in MOPP4
695 Posts
For a $1000, it's probably a very good bike for people with more modest needs. Okay, so the wheelset and tektro brakes are nothing special, and people harp on lower-end FSA stuff, but it will get you out on the road and it won't embarrass us mere mortals. The name is a little weird unless you're from North Carolina, but at least it's not something like Scattante. One guy was riding an old Supergo Scattante in our group and I could not help but think that I would never ride anything with the word "scat" in it.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
It's a bike, it's CF, it is less than $1K. If u need a bike and that is your budget, sounds like a deal.... if you don't like it, take it back.
With everyone going to disk, finding Ultegra brakes on fleabay is a piece of cake.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
For a $1000, it's probably a very good bike for people with more modest needs. Okay, so the wheelset and tektro brakes are nothing special, and people harp on lower-end FSA stuff, but it will get you out on the road and it won't embarrass us mere mortals. The name is a little weird unless you're from North Carolina, but at least it's not something like Scattante. One guy was riding an old Supergo Scattante in our group and I could not help but think that I would never ride anything with the word "scat" in it.
Not a big Cab Calloway or Louis Armstrong fan?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts