Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S2H,
I am running FF 1.5 and loaded Adaware after your suggestion on that other thread. I also loaded all those other preferences you mentioned.

Anyway, sometimes when a page loads, the flash ads are overlayed, and other times I have to manually overlay the flash.

What gives? Did I screw-up the install or something?

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
bonkmiester said:
S2H,
I am running FF 1.5 and loaded Adaware after your suggestion on that other thread. I also loaded all those other preferences you mentioned.

Anyway, sometimes when a page loads, the flash ads are overlayed, and other times I have to manually overlay the flash.

What gives? Did I screw-up the install or something?
Give an example of a webpage this occurs with.

Nevermind... I saw what you were talking about. Ctrl+Shift+F toggles the flash overlay... I've never really messed with this and I'm not 100% sure how it works. Until now, I've never seen that overlay. I guess you'd get a better answer posting in the firefox forum. Sorry.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Actually, I'm finding out that there're problems with FF 1.5 and Adblock... I'll PM you when I get more info.
Are there? I'm running FF 1.5 + Addblock AOK.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Actually, I'm finding out that there're problems with FF 1.5 and Adblock... I'll PM you when I get more info.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
rogger said:
Are there? I'm running FF 1.5 + Addblock AOK.
I'm seeing people saying that they fixed this problem by uninstalling Adblock, closing and reopening FF, and reinstaling Adblock. Others say they switched to Adblock Plus... I'm not really sure what the deal is. I don't have this problem because I have an older version of FF.

Here's the version of Adblock that supposedly works with 1.5.

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1865&application=firefox

·
gazing from the shadows
27,208 Posts
That would be wise of you. But in fact there is no such website.

At least, not yet.

Muwuhahahahaha!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts