Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have not got enough posts to add pics! haha strange rule?

This is my Addict
RC from 2010 HTC Team model
Dura Ace Di2
Dura Ace 7850 wheels
With C24 wheels its 6.7 Kg and I love it

·
Registered
320 Posts

Here she is with the wheels off my TT bike
Very classy ride! I wish the DI2 specific RC with integral seat mast were available here in the US. Color me jealous now . . . :thumbsup:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Had this for awhile now - depending on which parts I use it goes between just under 11.5lbs to under 13lbs.
Cool! Looks like the crankset might be part of that magic. :thumbsup:

It deserves a larger picture! :idea:

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Cool! Looks like the crankset might be part of that magic. :thumbsup:

It deserves a larger picture! :idea:
It's really the wheels. They're sub 1000g. The vumaquad crank is light, but the carbon rings are somewhat misleading-- they save a whopping 20-25g over the stock rings.

·
Registered
320 Posts
It's really the wheels. They're sub 1000g. The vumaquad crank is light, but the carbon rings are somewhat misleading-- they save a whopping 20-25g over the stock rings.
That is light, even for carbon tubular rims! :thumbsup:

More wheel details would be welcome.

·
MTBer in roadie's lycra
118 Posts
So it's not quite as light 11.5 lbs, but it's at 14 lbs 3 oz complete with powertap. I've been on it for a bit over a year and it's really the best riding road bike I've been on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have a thomson stem waiting to go on. i may eventually get a black romin evo and black bar tape, and would like to upgrade to SRAM Force or Red some day. for now, here's how it sits

·
Registered
320 Posts
I know it's your bike, not mine, but I think white saddles look really nice. Ditto the tape, especially with your frame colors.

I'm kinda lusting after the new Red group myself. Probably "ain't gonna happen". :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing a look at your machine! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
i really appreciate your very kind comments! i love the look of the white saddle and tape, but this bike has become my commuter and i'm thinking black will be easier to maintain, otherwise i'd keep them white.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Can't argue with the maintenance on the bar tape!

There was some white Scott tape that is not foam up on eBay about the time I ran out of patience cleaning. With a layer of the foam tape under it, just on the top of the bars, it is very comfy . . . and stays clean because it is not an open cell foam.

This stuff has no adhesive on the back, so it is a bit of a challenge to wrap, but is very durable and stays put once you get it in place. The trick is finding the stuff . . .

Here is the only link I could find by searching: Scott Bartape Road | LaGrandeRide.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
wow, so 2 layers of bar tape? i'll keep this in mind for when the time comes.

ive also got a zipp 101 wheelset on the way in grey. would have preferred black for that too, but perhaps the grey will match the grey graphics on the frame. will post a pic when they're on the bike

·
Registered
320 Posts
wow, so 2 layers of bar tape?
Nope! Just a short strip on the very top of the bar to provide a little give. It's probably so compressed by now that it has no effect, other than psychological. But, I just know it helps.

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
That is light, even for carbon tubular rims! :thumbsup:

More wheel details would be welcome.
Wheels are edge/enve 1.45 rims built up around extralite hubs and sapim cx-ray spokes. They came in at 990g, November will be 3 years with them and they are still true.

Built by fairwheel bikes.

121 - 140 of 168 Posts